Thursday, December 10, 2015

The othe class painting

Since it is the end of the semester, I picked up the one painting that I forgot to take a picture of :) AND I made sure to take a picture to share with you.
Leisure Time

Oil on paper

... All of the items in the photo are mine. We had to put together a still life from our homes. This still life needed to have a narrative. I went with old and new technology, choosing to keep the new technology black as I feel its use involves less creativity, thus adding less color to our lives. My imagination plays better with old-school books than with pre-packaged entertainment.

On the whole, I am pleased with how this painting turned out. There are a couple things that I wish I had done differently, but I am not sure that I will spend any more time working on this piece. It may just get put away for an eventual frame ... if we ever have a library space in our home.

No comments: