Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7 - my last two paintings for my Painting Class

 Today was the last day for my Painting class. It was a our final exam day ... we critiqued the last two paintings of the semester.
We had our collage paintings. For these we were given a soliloquy from Hamlet and we had to choose a section that would inspire a collage. From the collages, we then made paintings. I chose;
"To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to"
 
I have named this one Jack and Henry.

NOTE: when I shrunk these pictures down, it lost some to the subtle shading, making blocks of color where there were gentle gradations of color.

The last assigned painting was a landscape painting. We were to use a skinny format, either horizontal or vertical. AND we had to work from one of our own photos. My photo was of one of the trails by McConnell's Mill in PA. I call this one "Around the Bend." This painting was painted mainly with palette knives, very little brushwork. It may use more paint, but it is fast!

Again, this painting is very flat looking in my photograph. I wish I could show it to you all in person, it is even better than this photo!


No comments: