Thursday, December 24, 2015

December 24 - ornamental musing

 When you set up your Christmas tree do you reminisce over the various ornaments? I always remember my college roommate giving me this delightful elf coming through the JOY ornament. His backside sticks out the other side, producing giggles from the younger set.

Through the years I have accumulated a lot of ornaments with my ornaments with my name on them. For some reason JOY is a popular word for Christmas ornaments ;)
After the children decorate the tree, I am always delighted to see the raccoons communicating, even though one of them is stuck in the privy. I'm not sure which one of the kids started putting one raccoon in the outhouse ornament, but it has become a tradition that I look forward to each year.

We also have a pickle on our tree. Before I head to bed this evening, I will hide the pickle ornament in the branches of the tree and whoever finds it first gets to open an extra gift (usually a gift for the whole family). It is a silly thing to hang on the tree, but it has become a tradition the kids count on each year.



We have lots more ornaments, each with their own histories, I don't have the time this evening to share them all ... (I still have a little bit of wrapping to do!).

What stories do your ornaments tell?

No comments: