Thursday, April 29, 2010

I think I'm recovered from the bus trip to Paducah

I am one who takes a while to recover from trips and ones with hectic days added on the end totally wipe me out.

Now I feel human again. And the mean mom can crack the whip and get those kids back into the swing of things (HA!).

I pulled out my bag of goodies from Paducah and petted the fabrics all over again. Oh what fun! I have some background fabrics as I am always low on those, some lovely blues as I was almost totally out of blue, a stripe to finish off some children's quilts, a fun kid's print and then some fabrics for the obnoxious fabric swap that I am hosting on the about.com quilting forum. Most of the fabrics were from Eleanor Burn's Fabric Frenzy Tent and the back room at Hancocks of Paducah.

I get a kick out of obnoxious fabrics. They don't always play nice, but sometimes they are the right little thing to set off a quilt design. AND they make interesting quilts when you cut them up small and throw them all together :)

I also have a Sharon Schamber DVD, a mini quilt kit from John Flynn's dd, a hat pattern, a pantograph (never tried one before), a binding ruler (will I remember how to use it?), a (free) ruler from renewing my AQS membership, a couple of FQs (one was free) and a jelly roll that was marked down.

The bus trip had lots and lots of prizes donated by the sponsoring quilt shop Patches and Petals in Cadillac, MI. I was one of the last door prize winners and I received this kit...all the fabrics for top and binding as well as the pattern. This was one I really liked when it came out, so I'm tickled to be the recipient :) I love the sailboat fabric.


The only downside is that now I have to add all that fabric to my stash report :( Guess I need to get into the sewing dungeon and USE UP some fabrics to balance this out!

No comments: