Wednesday, June 8, 2016

challenged and plugging on

I finished up the quilting on the base of my Cherrywood Lion King Challenge piece. That means it is time to add the first applique elements ...

I am liking how it is turning out, I put thin black batting behind each gazelle so the background quilting does not come through the appliques, they puff ever so slightly above the surface.

It is not fun to manipulate a quilt through the machine while stitching down the raw edges of the elements. My domestic machine does not have a large throat and those gazelles have lots of turns. I will add that thought to my eventual machine search ... sometime in the next two years I plan to upgrade my machine and I'm making a list of features that I would like (and then I will look at the budget to see which ones I can afford!).

What are you working on this week?

No comments: