Monday, January 7, 2013

Design Wall Monday - the first of 2013!

I have been plugging away at Easy Street, a Mystery over on Quiltville by Bonnie Hunter (other Easy Street updates found here). I started late, so I was never able to play catch-up (all the  clues are posted) ... The nice thing is, because I am behind, I've been making some changes in color placement as I go along :)
Here are a lot of the units on my crowded ironing surface - instructions, toys, a dead light bulb ...and lots and lots of 3 1/2" units!
I just need to cut a bunch of squares and HSTs to finish up (and it looks like a unit is placed backward on my design wall - oops!)

For more design wall inspiration check out the links at Patchwork Times :)

I might be setting Easy Street aside for a couple of days as I want to be working on Project Quilting again this year. AND, since we aren't planning to move this year, I might be able to focus a bit more on the challenges!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

There's no rush on Easy Street as long as you print the directions. Your colors are lovely.

Chris said...

It is looking great in your color changes.

Unknown said...

First, thank you for your husband serving to keep our country SAFE! Former army brat and served in the military myself - oh my I know how the moving every 2-4 years is. Keep you on your toes boxes handy.

Your Easy street is going to be so different because you have time to change it up. Great job and hope to see the finished!

Dee in AZ

Sue Daurio said...

Easy Street is looking good! Can't wait to see more with your color changes.

Pokey said...

Good for you for being a courageous quilter, branching out for color change in a mystery quilt! You will be happy with your "original" ~
:-}pokey

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Can't wait to see it finished. Have fun changing things up.