Monday, July 4, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July! Here in the US we will be celebrating with lots of parades and Fireworks and tons of food (what is a celebration without food?). I will be celebrating in my Sewing Dungeon as I have no other responsibilities today. Our town parade was on Saturday and the fireworks are after dark...so lots of time is available for sewing and quilting!

On my design wall this week: 
I've got Bento blocks (and bits - the uneven four patches), two more blocks for my Winding Ways quilt and some random blocks to figure out a quilt pattern.


Aren't these Bento blocks fun? I *love* batiks and just participated in a swap where I got more of them to pet and create with...thus these blocks are on my wall. I've got more cut and ready to sew together :)


Speaking of batiks, I just love, love, love how these Winding Ways blocks look together! I might even get this one done as I am now using the pieces as leaders/enders while working on the Bento blocks :)

Check out more design wall goodness at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful projects! Those batiks are just gorgeous!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your winding ways. I made one a while ago but could never piece the blocks as leader/ender because I found them very challenging and requiring so much concentration. I can only do very easy leader/enders!!

Nina Marie said...

Ohh this shows how batiks can give a traditional pattern some new flare! pretty pretty!!

LuAnn said...

Beautiful batiks. You have lots of interesting things on your design wall this morning.

Judee said...

Love your batiks! I did a Bento Box with B&W. So fun! Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

I'm Jan, but don't have a google account so will have to be anonymous. With your winding ways blocks are you oversizing the edge pieces - to be cut back when/before being joined together? I love your colours!(that's Australian spelling for 'colors', we always have to type an extra letter!) Jan

Shout4Joy said...

@ Jan - this was a precut kit, so everything is the "right size" - plus these are blocks that finish 3" so the pieces are quite small...I bought the kit because I love the colors, too!