Monday, May 2, 2011

Quilt Show is done!

 The quilt show is done for the year. I'm almost done being chair of the 2011 show...still have to go over what worked and what could be improved and then I can hand it off to the next show chair :)

Here are the entries for the guild challenge. THREE of us made clocks (so my idea wasn't very original). Mine was the Challenge winner, with another clock a close second - the clock laying down on the table. That black fabric is really a cool fabric and she found some really neat hands for her clock (she found them out East).
 
Cinderella's Dream took First place in it's category and was Judge's Choice. I'm pretty proud of that little quilt! It took a LLLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time to quilt on my regular ol' sewing machine, but it did turn out beautifully!

Fighting Dragons won the Blue Ribbon for the Art Quilt category. This one usually hangs on the Boybarian's wall, but he let me borrow it to enter in the quilt show.

And, speaking of my favorite Boybarian, he won First Place in the Juvenile category. The judges even commented on how well he quilted it (so, it was worth taking out all those rows of quilting and redoing them!).

I also had a blue ribbon on my tie quilt (the picture was horrible, I'll take a better one later this week) and a red ribbon on another quilt that I tossed on the pile at the last minute.

Now I'm inspired to do some more quilting...

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Beautiful work, Joy! Congrats to the Boybarian, too!

Tricia M said...

Awesome, Joy! Can't wait to see what you come up with for next year's show!