Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gearing up for Local Quilt Show

Here is a stack of quilts prepped for the guild quilt show this weekend. I have one more to add to the stack...but forgot to grab it before I took the picture!
And here is my challenge piece all ready to go. I used beads and a clock kit to embellish it. While the pink is washed out, you can see the quilting in this picture, so this is the one I'm sharing :) The hands of the clock came only in brass and the hands disappeared into the quilt, so they are now painted black with the second hand in silver to match the beads. I had fun with this challenge and have the added benefit of a new clock for the sewing dungeon!

If you are in the area, come visit the Country Charms Quilt Guild's 12th Annual Quilt Show in Cochranton, PA. The show is held at the High School on Saturday from 9-4 and Sunday from noon-4. There are already some great quilts registered, so there will be plenty of eye candy! Add in some great vendors and meals available from the band boosters and you've got a great day out! :)

1 comment:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

I LOVE the clock quilt!! how cleaver...blessings!!