Monday, April 25, 2011

Swap Blocks on the Design Wall

Today I have swap blocks up on my design wall. The Swap (as I mentioned in an earlier post) is for man-friendly blocks/fabrics.

I have a recipient in mind (a graduate next year), but no idea as to where I am going with this design-wise. I think I'll be make a couple more blocks to finish it up somehow, 
just not sure how many until the design gels. I know I'll be adding sashing as I think sashing is essential in sampler style quilts, to give the blocks breathing space so you can appreciate each one :)

What is on your design wall? Check out more at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Perfect blocks for a man quilt. I agree that sampler blocks need sashing to be enjoyed to the fullest.

Gari said...

I love swaps and BOMs but it usually takes me some time to come up with a unique design for them. So I put them on the wall, take them down, and then put them up again until inspiration hits. So far that plan has worked. ;-)

The Orphan Quilter said...

Joy, maybe one of the designs in my book, Orphan Block Quilts will inspire you. Besides, you don't necessarily have to have sashing with sampler style quilts -- sometimes some really cool secondary patterns emerge. Or, you can always chop the blocks up to make a new design! :)

shout4joy said...

I'll have to check...right now I'm rather focused on a quilt show (imagine that!) when the show is over I plan to read the book cover to cover :)

Alycia said...

Those are great blocks, I will be watching to see how you set them!