Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Garage Quilt

While The Army Guy is home this week he is getting things done around the house :) The fence has taken up a huge amount of his time (that and running the Boybarian to a farm to pick blueberries). 

One other thing he did today was put up my garage quilt :) We don't have a barn, so we can't participate in any of the barn quilt projects, so I painted one for our garage here in the city ...
The hardest part (of hanging the block) was deciding how to center the block --- centered on the garage or over the doors? We chose to hang it centered on the garage and ignore the fact that the doors are not centered.
I started thinking of hanging three of them up ... that would be nice and might disguise the offcenteredness of the garage doors :) But the Army Guy said that if I make more, he wouldn't be finishing them and hanging them. I guess I'll have to wait for our retirement house to hang another one (or more).

No comments: