Monday, April 28, 2014

on my ... design surface ;)

I have pulled out an old UFO* and have prepped a block. I seem to have dropped a piece before laying it on the background ... but that is OK, that will be easy - compared to carefully taking this back apart so I can applique all the pieces down :) There are 68 pieces (you can see 67) and I have scaled back on how many pieces this block calls for, plus I simplified one shape to make it easier to turn the edges.

I am using the applique method that Kim Deihl taught :) It takes about the same amount of time that my previous methods did, but I am happier with the results (after looking at a couple of my previous blocks).

More design wall posts are linked at Patchwork Times :)

*UFO = Un-Finished Object

1 comment:

Judy Hansen said...

Wow - lots of pieces! My first visit to your blog, and I like your Psalm the name is based upon. It put me in the right frame of mind this morning!