Monday, April 15, 2013

on my design wall April 15th

Do you have your taxes done? Our Federal Taxes were done a long time back ... but we need to pay the state, so I'll get that one out today :)

On my design wall is a baby quilt top. I sewed it up a couple of weeks ago (to use as a sample when trying to peddle my pattern) and it has been sitting there waiting for me (I'm glad that tops are so patient!).
 Instead of using it for a sample, it will be going to a baby shower on Saturday :) 

That means it must be quilted and bound before then!

I've hardly touched my machines for a while. We have had company for the last 2 1/2 weeks - all happy times with our daughter coming for a few days, my sister (and her children) for a few days, my sister in law coming for a few days (dh and I took off and went to a conference) and then my in laws came ... in that time, I played taxi driver to my two teenagers while they were gearing up for a theater production (opened last weekend and we still have this coming weekend ... ).

I'm exhausted :) in a good way.

For some delightful Design Wall Inspiration check out Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

A baby will be very happen to have that little quilt!!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Sounds like you've been happily busy with other things besides sewing. Great baby quilt.

Rhonda R. said...

The baby quilt is very cute. No wonder you haven't had much time to sew. That's a lot of company!