Monday, August 6, 2012

Design Wall Monday and Birthdays

On my design Wall this week are some blocks I found while unpacking a box...I guess I need to get out my Karen Stone EQ patterns to make more of these blocks...I just love them!
Life has been busy...still have lots of boxes to unpack...we are already getting busy in our new home *sigh*

PLUS we just had a couple of birthdays at our house:
Princess Sunshine had another birthday (and didn't want to share her face). She had a traditional birthday cake. I was the one who got to make it, something I'm not used to doing as The Peanut alwasy did that before our move.

For his 14th birthday, The Boybarian didn't want a cake (YAY! no icing overload this year!). He and The Army Guy made a Strawberry Rhubarb pie instead.

For some real inspiration check out Patchwork Times for other design wall posts~

5 comments:

Nann said...

Happy birthday, Mom!
Your NYB blocks are indeed beauties. (NYB is on my ever-growing list. Bucket? Hah. More like a reservoir.)

Dar said...

WOW, that pie looks delicious!! I'm with him -- I prefer pie to cake when someone else is making it!!

Nice blocks too.

Julia Graber said...

Beautiful New York Beauties! Don't you just love Karen Stone's patterns?

Nina Marie said...

wow - nice use of the beauties - love the color palette - yummmmy!

Anonymous said...

I am in that forver diaper phase where older women in the grocery store stop you and tell you it goes by so quickly.....really? because this has been going on FOREVER and I cant breathe. yet I turned around and my oldest is 16. I heard you when you said that the jobs you have given your children are coming back around to you. WOW. A great reminder that we are training adults. That leave.

Happy Birthday wishes to your two growing adults!!