Thursday, March 8, 2012

Scrapbusting Mystery Clue 3

I know, it is a long time between clues! Next one will be here in two weeks, I promise!

Clue 3
Shout4Joy©2012
 CUT 34 - 6” Assorted light/neutral squares
          set aside 4 for Clue #4

Using a pencil, draw a diagonal line from point to point on the back of the 30 assorted light/neutral squares. Now draw a line 1/4” away from the center line on each side.

Setting the light/neutral square on top, with right sides facing each other, match the direction of the diagonal on the string block, and sew on the 1/4” lines.

 
Cut on center line and iron your HSTs open. Square up to 5” if needed.
CORRECTION: this should read 5 1/2"



Taking your Four Patch units and your HST units, lay them out and choose a border fabric from your stash. You will need approximately 1 ¼ yards.

Keep all units together for next clue...

1 comment:

Judee said...

Thanks, Joy. As soon as I get the string blocks done, I will do this clue. I am behind!!!