Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday? Hey, I have something to show!

While I cannot show what is on my design wall (I have a secret that will be revealed later) here is what is on my design ironing board!

This is a block I made for a quilt someone else is making. The quilt is for The Ginger Ford Northshore (Louisiana) affiliate of The Fuller Center for Housing and they will be celebrating their 20th anniversary. Since housing is their focus...a house quilt is an appropriate raffle item!

For some delightful eye candy check out other design walls from Patchwork Times!

EDIT to say: the block is found on about and many other places on the internet. I just added details, a button for a doorknob, a wreath, window sashing and some flowers.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

You did a great job on the house. Nifty embelishments. By chance are we working on the same secret project??

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your house is great. Thanks for sharing.

Robin said...

Hey I would like to know where you got the pattern for your house? I'm looking for a cute house pattern rnoel57@gmail.com

Shout4Joy said...

the house pattern is found on about.com and many other places...I just added details to the basic pattern :) http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/house_quilt.htm

Marcia said...

House blocks are one of my favorites! You did a beautiful job. Love your special touches.