Thinking over the challenge all week, I wasn't sure what I was going to do ... My first plan was going to take time that I didn't have, so I tried to figure out what to do. Hanging from my bulletin board was a really cool trim piece that I have used for landscape postcards in the past and that brought my idea to life - the texture of this trim is perfect for the challenge! Texture in the Wild ...
I forgot to grab pictures of the of the process, hopefully you can imagine the process of choosing landscape textures from my stash, finding a moose to inhabit the landscape and using raw edge applique to attach the fabrics to my Peltex base.
I like to use a satin stitch on the edges of my postcards ...
... stitching around the outside more than one to insure a good solid edge, especially on the fabrics that don't match the thread.
This is where the textured trim comes in. I cut a length and sew it to the bottom of the card with a straight stitch as fancy stitches won't show up in the fringe.
A 4"X6" postcard - Textured Landscape.
This postcard will go to a local fundraiser to the Muskegon Museum of Art for their Postcard Salon coming up in a few weeks.
I finished Challenge Three of Project Quilting Season 8!