I'm working on Challenge 4 of Season 4 of Project Quilting; Wish Upon A Star. I had two different ideas running around in my head, one more traditional and the other an art quilt. Since the art quilt was going to be more involved and I knew I had to run children here and there this week, had a dentist appointment and hope to go sew on my BOM with the Jennings Community Church sewing group on Friday, I decided to go the traditional route.
And after I got a good start, the snow picked up and cancelled the Drama activities for the children today, so I got to stay home and accomplish something on my project!
I started off making a bunch of four patches - I know, they aren't stars, but they are part of my design. I have a few more to make to use in the setting of my blocks.
Then I cut all the pieces for my triangle in a square units.
The triangle in square units are all sewn, but it is getting on to suppertime and the Boybarian thinks he wants to eat, so I just have a few trimmed up. Below is a mock-up of the block:
This small quilt is going to be scrappy as I think it will hang on the wall in the same room as The Stars Sing and that is a scrappy quilt!