Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm still plugging away in the sewing dungeon

while recuperating. I'm getting a little bit done every day...not much, but it is more than nothing (like last week) and that makes me happy.

This is what I worked on most of the week. I used machine applique that mimics hand applique - no fusing and turned under edges. I'm hoping that it will be acceptable for our guild raffle quilt...that the hand piecers won't reject it!

Everyone in the guild will need to make up some Four Patch blocks, so I thought I'd sew up a couple using fabrics from the basket block. I had them all the same in the EQ version I drew up, but I want them to be scrappy, not all the same.

Now I have to work on getting the various block instructions written up and printed off before our next guild meeting :)

I'm hoping your monitor doesn't show this picture as dark as mine does...it is not that dark in real life!

No comments: