Monday, December 22, 2014

Design Wall Monday

It has been a while! With an 8am Monday morning class, I've missed out on a few DWM posts. May be next semester ... ?

On my design wall this week is the Lady of Shallot piece, some random bits, a Guild Challenge piece and the Self Portrait that I started a while back (and haven't done much with).
I have been slowly chipping away at the Lady of Shallot design. I have the applique pieces in the little triangles and have stitched down the applique in one section:
All of the rest of the applique pieces are traced onto my fusible, now to iron it on the appropriate fabrics and get them all cut out!
My self portrait is just waiting for me to do something else with it. I was all gung-ho at first, but now I'm waiting for inspiration on taking it to the next level.  Do I want to add my glasses? If so, what is my best option? I really don't want to ruin it, so it sits on the wall and stares at me.
I've also got a start on a challenge issued by my guild. Anyone in my guild should recognize what challenge this one is for! (we have two challenges going right now)

What is on your design wall? Check out Patchwork Times for a bunch more design walls this week of Christmas!


2 comments:

Marly said...

The Lady of Shallot sounds like a very grand project. The colours are beautiful, and the design complicated. I would love to see it when finished.

Water Park in Delhi NCR said...

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!