Wednesday, March 12, 2014

what I'm working on today ...

... at least until I had to start getting ready for Awana ;) Silly Socks night ... I'm not sure what I have available in silly socks, but I'll be looking for something!

I'm got all the blocks done for Keukenhof Tulips (pattern by Kimberly Einmo from her Quilt a Travel Souvenir book)! I started this in a class in 2006, so it has been a long buried UFO. Now it is close to being done :) :) :) I'll sew the blocks together and start auditioning border fabrics.

I would LOVE to put a pieced border on this quilt, but I only have 1/2 yard of the background fabric left and the pieced border would need more, so I might just go back to the drawing board as I think a pieced border would really set off the field of the quilt.

What are you working on?

1 comment:

Suze said...

I really like your Keukenhof Tulips - it's like a rainbow riot of color. Hope you figure out what border to put on it - whatever you come up with, it will be a specular quilt!