Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Obnoxious Fabric Swaps













I mentioned earlier that I host Obnoxious Fabric Swaps on the About.com quilting forum. Today I finished up swapping out 619 obnoxious 10" squares. Some of the fabrics are more obnoxious than others, btw.

My method? I sit in the middle of the floor with all of the piles of fabric arrayed around me. I start counting and mixing on the floor right in front of me and mark off the swappers on my spreadsheet. It keeps me somewhat organized!

This round we had monkeys, bugs, fish, turtles, LOTS of florals, cats, skulls, Halloween prints, odd what-was-the-designer-thinking prints and some that just looked like they were no longer welcome in someone's stash (there were some really nice ones, IMO).

I contributed these four fabrics. Cats, Classic Horror Flicks, Camo Freaked Out Faces and Underthings...and yes, I purchased them specifically for this swap!

I do have some other fabric that I need to remember to set aside for the next round...in the fall. Once I forget...

No comments: