Monday, May 24, 2010

Design Wall Monday ~ May 24

these are blocks for the Avignon Picnic Quilt shown in the Moda Bake Shop (love that blog!). I'm taking part in a swap of these blocks using White or WOW with brights...now I need to see if we are allowed to use novelties...I forgot to check before I started making blocks!

I have five S blocks and five Z blocks finished and a bunch more ready to sew up :) They go REALLY fast!

I definitely will not have some of these blocks next to each other in a finished quilt, but since it is for a swap, it will be way more scrappy when I sew the final top together :)

BTW, they are all bright fabrics. The image on your monitor may vary from the actual quilt :P

for more design wall inspiration visit Patchwork Times

4 comments:

merrily row said...

I bookmarked that pattern, I loved the four primary colors, 3 plus green, and the interplay but your swap sounds fun too. Those blocks are a great start.

Lynn W. said...

I really like your bright blocks, Joy.

Diane said...

love the bright colors too-very happy

Laurel H. said...

I like this so far; in fact, I like your blog! I will be following you; I too quilt and homeschool. :)