Monday, September 21, 2015

Is it Monday again? already?

There is nothing new on my design wall, but I have been spending some quality time with my machine :) 

I cannot show you the project as I was testing some instructions for a friend who is proofreading over the book directions.
 These are some close up shots of what I chose for quilting of one section ...
I think next semester I am going to be scaling back my credit hours. I am not getting enough time in the Sewing Dungeon this semester!

More design wall links are found at Patchwork Times ...

Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday September 14

I'm SO excited! Jenny Doan is coming to our area and tonight I will get to see her at a guild presentation!

On my design wall this morning is a round robin challenge. It arrived on Saturday and so far it has remained silent. I am listening as hard as I can ... It will eventually speak to me and I'll add the next round and send it off :)

I have also pulled the fabrics for this month's Focus Through the Prism Challenge.
I have a working title, just need to get out the rotary cutter and cut the fabrics into submission ...

for more quilting fun, check out Patchwork Times link party!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Design wall Monday

well, nothing new, so no picture :(

BUT I did have something on my frame last week :)

My mom and sister appliqued the rows and assembled the quilt top, I quilted it and mom is going to bind the quilt. It will be auctioned off at the Northern Michigan Christian Building the Future Auction on September 26. So if you are in McBain, head on over to the auction to see this fun quilt (and bid!).

I hope to have some time over the next couple of days to spend in the Sewing Dungeon ... and then I will have more to share next week ;)

For more design wall inspiration check out Patchwork Times!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

A little bit of art ...

... fall semester has begun and I did not get everything done that I was hoping to accomplish over the summer. So far, I have 15 credit hours and I am hoping to pick up one ore 2 credit hour class (a trip to Belize! that meets a science requirement).

One thing I took on was working on a piece of art for the Muskegon Lake Project. Earlier, all participants were given a box of stuff that was collected during a clean-up of Muskegon Lake.
I really like the clear piece with its fabulous texture ... but it fell out of my design as I couldn't figure out how to work with it as it is bulky and rounded.

I envisioned a tree by water (the clear piece), but ended up on a different note in my finished piece.
I have named the piece Unbounded.

All of the pieces will be displayed in the Red Lotus Gallery here in Muskegon. There will be an opening reception on September 11 - find out more details on the website for the Muskegon Center for the Arts (if you can't read the info below).

The pieces will be offered for sale with some of the proceeds to benefit the Muskegon Lake Project :)

Monday, August 17, 2015

not much new on my design wall

I added a round to the round robin :)

Over the last couple of weeks I have spent hours at a music festival (over 4 days) and then AQS in Grand Rapids, MI took several days this past week. 

THIS week I will dedicate to my Sewing Dungeon and soapmaking.

Next week school starts up again and I have signed up for 6 classes, possibly 7 ... 

How is the end of your summer looking?

For more design wall goodness, check out Patchwork Times

Monday, July 27, 2015

The summer is 2/3 over!

I have lots of things I wanted to get done and the summer is flying by! Where is the time going?
On my design wall this morning is an assortment of stuff :) A Row by Row, a Round Robin and my Foucs Through the Prism Challenge piece.
The row is one I designed for a friend's quilt shop. This is called A River Runs Through It and is available at Patches and Petals in Cadillac, MI.
I am participating in a Round Robin and this is the piece I need to work with. I have some ideas of what the next round should be ... but the piece keep telling me other things. I'll have to listen or it won't work out!
AND I have my Focus Through the Prism piece. I need to add a small border to this in case it shrinks when I quilt it as I forgot to add a bit of width to the last round of the outside blocks to account for heavy quilting.

For more design wall inspiration check out Patchwork Times.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Friendship Blueming

(yes, I meant to spell it that way)
For the second month of the Focus Through the Prism Challenge, I chose to use the color blue with the assigned Friendship Star blocks. I had lots of ideas competing in my head, but finally the 3D elements took over.

This month did not see me in the Sewing Dungeon very much. That meant that today was a marathon session to get this completed before the deadline. That meant this quilt didn't yet get blocked and looks like it needs it!

The center of my Friendship Star blocks all contain a flower shaped yo-yo and a cluster of french knots. They remind me of Narcissus flowers :)
The ground of the quilt seemed a little blah, so I took some Angelina Fibers and made a couple of dragonflies to add to the quilt. That gave some movement to the quilt, drawing the eyes back to the Friendship Star Narcissus Flowers.

For more challenge quilts check out the Project Quilting off season Focus Through the Prism Challenge.