Monday, July 28, 2014

one lovely block on my design wall this Monday morning

Last year I bought the Spring Bouquet quilt pattern by Laundry Basket Quilts. I finally got around to doing block one ... and here it is. I did a little bit of modifying - I made a couple pieces a bit easier for me to applique (I used a turned machine applique method) and used yoyos for the smallest circles. I also made my bias strips too wide :( I won't change them out for skinnier ones and will just make the rest of the quilt with bulkier vines/stems to match ;)
I don't mind the more folk arty feel of the chunkier vines :)

To see more design wall posts, check out the links at Patchwork Times


3 comments:

Ramona said...

Your block looks great. Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Very pretty!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love your block. I did the fusible appliqué block of the month with this pattern and I really like it. Have fun with it!