Monday, June 9, 2014

Close to finished!

 The piece is quilted! Now to cut borders (OK, I meant BINDING! - that is what comes of writing a blog post in the morning before my brain is awake) and sew them on :) Here it is on my floor, as now it is too heavy to be on my design wall:
For a close up and more true color of the border:
It will most likely be the middle of the week before I get any more work done on it ... I'm enrolling in college and have testing and orientation this week! It will be strange to be in classes with youngsters the same age as my kids ... 

For more quilting inspiration check out Patchwork Times.


4 comments:

Ramona said...

Your batiks are wonderful! Love your quilt. And enrolling in college!! How wonderful, too!

Charlene S said...

Your piece is beautiful! I went back after my children were college age too. It is an experience.

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful quilt. Love the batiks and the quilting!!

Angie in SoCal said...

You are doing a magnificent job on the quilt. Borders will be added? Sounds like you are doing this one quilt as you go - which by the way is great, too! Thanks for sharing.