Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday February 7th - on my Design Wall

I still haven't cleaned off any pesky threads...I'd much rather sew :)

I have a few more blocks done for my Father's Day Ties quilt. 

All of the background fabrics are from men's shirts that I acquired at thrift shops or through some other (cheap) means. I found a length of chambray to use for the sashing and borders and I plan to somehow incorporate shirt buttons (harvested from those shirts) in the finished quilt.

For more design wall inspiration visit Patchwork Times.


5 comments:

Tamera said...

What great ideas! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Debbie said...

Great quilt. Makes me want to get my Dad's ties out and make a quilt. Can't wait till yours is done.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your background shirts/fabrics couldn't be better. Those blocks are great!

Sarah said...

An excellent "recycled" project. Congrats! Can't wait to see how you use the buttons.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is turning out really really neat!