Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quiltathon Saturday

It may not look like much, but this is what I accomplished on Quiltathon Saturday. I used my DSM as I am still not into fine details on my Voyager (I need more practice). I basted the batt to the top of my challenge quilt with water soluble thread and then I cut away all the batt from where I am going to be doing some tight freemotion fillers. What tedious work trimming batt can be. It took me all afternoon and most of the evening (short break for a Valentine's Dinner at church). Here's hoping it will all be worth it in the end!

The quilt is all batiks and I'm loving it...can't wait until it is done so I can see if it works out as beautifully as I see it on EQ and in my mind's eye. As this is the back, you can't see the fabrics I've got going...I'll reveal it all when it is finished :)

check out other quiltathon participant's blogs from the Patchwork Times blog.

2 comments:

tirane93 said...

it's lovely!

Carmi said...

I think it's going to look wonderful.